The Southwest Zone of USA Water Polo will be holding elections this month for the Southwest Zone Board. The elections for the Southwest Zone Board will be handled using online voting through the USA Water Polo website, www.usawaterpolo.org. The window for voting will be Saturday, December 20th-Tuesday, December 30th. There are seven total zone board positions with three up for election in December 2014, three up for election in December 2016, and one appointed position by USA Water Polo (Zone Head Referee). All elected zone board positions serve four year terms. The newly elected members of the Southwest Zone Board will be announced in January 2015. Below are the voter eligibility, voting procedures and a list of those nominated for the Southwest Zone Board.
Southwest Zone Voter Eligibility:
• 18 years of age on date of election
• Current member of USA Water Polo 60 days prior to date of election
• Affiliated with club within the Zone or have principal place of residence within the zone
• Able to provide proof of USA Water Polo membership/voter eligibility as needed
- Southwest Zone Board Voting Process:
• All voting will be online through the USA Water Polo website, www.usawaterpolo.org.
• Eligible voters will need to login at www.usawaterpolo.org.
• Voters will see a voting link in “Important Information” box on upper right side of page (see attached screen shot which shows where voting link will be)
• Click on the voting link to see the zone board nominees’ names and bios (see also below).
• Only current USA Water Polo members will then be able to vote from Saturday, December 20th to Tuesday, December 30th.
• Until December 20th, the voting link will only display the nominees’ names and bios.
• When voting, please select THREE candidates. Once voters hit “submit”, voters will not be able to make changes.
• If voters only vote for two and hit “submit”, voters will not be able to go back and vote for a third person.
• The newly elected members of the Southwest Zone Board will be announced in January 2015.
Southwest Zone Board Nominees (alphabetical order):
• Richard Hibbs (Dallas, TX) – Pres. of St. Mark’s WP, volunteer for North Dallas WPC. Part of community & professional organizations; Lake Highlands Land Use Committee; Advisory Boards at TCU, Texas Tech and Collin College; Dir of Sunday School class, Boy Scout leadership; Dir of Paluxy Guides, Pres of the Texas/Oklahoma Chapter of the International Interior Design Association; IIDA, Texas Society of Architects & AIA Dallas. Rick is an Architect & Dir at a property restoration firm. Has 2 sons who play for St. Mark’s WPC.
• Kevin Kehoe (Houston, TX) – Has over twenty-five years of water polo experience at the club, high school and college level. He is the founder and head coach of Jesuit Water Polo Club and works as a counselor and head coach for water polo and swimming at Strake Jesuit College Preparatory, in Houston. Growing up in Southern California, Kevin previously coached at Lakewood High School and played at the University of California, Riverside.
• John Rightmyer (San Antonio, TX) – BS Economics Texas A&M 2000, MA Economics UTSA in 2005; JD St. Mary’s Univ 2005. Currently the Managing Attorney and Shareholder Rothrock & Rightmyer, PC, San Antonio, TX; Adjunct Professor of Economics UTSA. John played HS water polo in San Antonio & at Texas A&M, currently referees all levels of the sport. USA Water Polo referee since 2007, CWPA referee since 2008, and currently serves as the TAWPO President, the primary referee organization for high school and club water polo in Texas.
• Christopher Slay (Katy, TX) – Been involved in SW Zone and water polo throughout Texas for 20+ years as player, coach, referee, club admin, former TISCA Water Polo Chair, and Southwest Zone Board member. Coached 6 TISCA Water Polo state championship teams, taken teams to the USAWP Jr Olympics since 2004, coached many Southwest Zone ODP programs. Scott has won numerous SW Zone Coach of the Year honors including the last two years for the Women’s Elite Coach of the Year. Currently the the co-head of West Houston WPC.