The Texas Age Group State Water Polo Championship (TAGS Water Polo Champs) will be will be on Saturday – Sunday, April 24-25, 2021 at the Pearland ISD Natatorium in South Houston. The tournament will be a two day event with two all deep courses. Games will begin on Saturday morning, run all day on Saturday/Sunday morning, and then end around 4:00 pm on Sunday afternoon. The tournament will be hosted by the Southwest Zone and the Southside Water Polo Club. All teams are guaranteed to play 4-5 games in a “championship” style format with placing games/awards for all divisions. Below is all the information on the tournament. Online Team Registration: Texas Age Group State Water Polo Championship (Click Here).
There will be four divisions for the TAGS Water Polo Champs in 2021: 8th Grade & Younger Boys/Mixed, 8th Grade & Younger Girls, 6th Grade & Younger Mixed, and 4th Grade & Younger Mixed. The eligibility is grade only (no age requirement). As needed, we will create A/B Divisions based on the number of teams that enter the event (have awards for all divisions, including B Divisions). This will be a USA Water Polo sanctioned event using USA Water Polo rules & regulations AND include physical distancing guidelines/procedures for all athletes, coaches, referees, volunteers, and spectators. The TAGS Water Polo Champs will be a great event for all involved.
Texas Age Group State Water Polo Championship (TAGS Water Polo Champs):
- Dates: April 24-25, 2021. Games will begin on Saturday morning, run all day on Saturday/Sunday morning, and then end around 4:00 pm on Sunday afternoon.
- Location: Pearland ISD Natatorium, 4141 Bailey Rd, Pearland, TX 77584. Two all deep courses running simultaneously.
- Divisions: 8th Grade & Younger Boys/Mixed, 8th Grade & Younger Girls, 6th Grade & Younger Mixed, and 4th Grade & Younger Mixed
- Entry Fee: $600 per team. Payments will be collected when completing the online registration.
- Registration Deadline: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 11 pm (CT)
- Online Team Registration: Texas Age Group State Water Polo Championship (Click Here).
- Roster Deadline: Monday, April 19, 2021 at 11 pm (CT)
- Schedule: An online schedule will be sent to everyone on Monday, April 19th
- Physical Distancing: This event will have physical distancing guidelines/procedures which will be sent out along with the schedule in mid April.
- Spectators/Streaming: We are working toward spectators being allowed into the facility for the event. If no spectators, clubs/teams will be allowed to provide a videographer for live streaming while providing their own equipment, platform, and wifi.
- Tournament Hotel: To Be Determined (coming soon)
- Not Enough Players: If your club has athletes that would like to play in a specific division, but you do not have enough players for your own team, please email email@example.com and I will attempt to help facilitate partnering up clubs as needed. Of course, please feel free to reach out to other clubs on your own as well.
Email Joe Linehan if you have any questions.