This past year, TISCA Water Polo voted to use the Texas Association of Sports Officials (TASO) to officiate their high school games. TASO is the preeminent association used by the University Interscholastic League (UIL) for officiating all high school sanctioned team sporting events: football, baseball, basketball, softball, soccer, volleyball, and now, water polo. Below are the “Steps to Referee” the high school water polo season this spring along with primary contacts in each local referee chapter. Additionally, the TASO Water Polo Division Announcement which includes FAQ’s and “TASO Who We Are – What We Do”. Please forward this email/info to anyone you feel would like to referee this spring. More comprehensive TASO specific info will be sent to every registered TASO Water Polo referee. For TASO Water Polo questions, please email email@example.com.
TASO – Steps to Referee – Spring 2021
- Apply to becomes a TASO Water Polo Referee (see directions below)
- Complete Payment for TASO Water Polo Referee (see directions below)
- Complete the TASO Water Polo On-Line Training (accessible through your membership portal)
- Pass the TASO Water Polo Rules Test (accessible through your membership portal)
- Clean Criminal History Report (process part of application process)
How do I become a TASO Water Polo Referee?
- To complete your TASO Water Polo application, go to https://taso.org/. Just below the scrolling pictures
- In the “NEW APPLICANTS” area, select “APPLY”
- If you have ever been a TASO member in another sport, you will select “RENEW” in the “MEMBERSHIP AREA”. You will have the opportunity to select Water Polo as a new sport after you verify your TASO ID number
- The last step of the application process is paying your dues. Only credit/debit/gift card
- The TASO Water Polo dues for this year are $40.
- Liability and Secondary Accident Insurance (https://taso.org/member- services/insurance/)
- A NFHS Water Polo Rule Book
- Access to the TASO Water Polo Training videos
- A personalized TASO Water Polo Membership ID card (credit card type)
- A full list of TASO benefits in on the attachment
Who are the TASO Local Chapter Primary Contacts?
- North & South Houston: Justin Pudwill, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Austin/San Antonio/RGV: Jesse Montoya, email@example.com
- North Texas: Angela Uno, firstname.lastname@example.org
- TASO Water Polo Division President: Wes Mahan, email@example.com
- TASO Water Polo Division Vice-President: Mitch Dooley, firstname.lastname@example.org