This is a friendly reminder the Texas Age Group State Water Polo Championship (TAGS Water Polo Champs) will be on April 24-25, 2021 at the Pearland ISD Natatorium in South Houston. The team entry deadline is Wednesday, April 14th (maximum number of teams is 20). The TAGS Water Polo Champs in 2021 will have four divisions: 8th Grade & Younger Boys/Mixed, 8th Grade & Younger Girls, 6th Grade & Younger Mixed, and 4th Grade & Younger Mixed. The eligibility is grade only (no age requirement). Additionally, the Tournament Hotel is the La Quinta Inn & Suites – Pearland (see specific info below). Lastly, spectators will be allowed into the tournament to watch the games (admission info will be sent via a separate email).
The TAGS Water Polo Champs will be a two day event with two all deep courses. Games will begin on Saturday morning, run all day on Saturday/Sunday morning, and then end around 4:00 pm on Sunday afternoon. The tournament will be hosted by the Southwest Zone and the Southside Water Polo Club. There is a maximum of 20 total teams that can be entered into the tournament (first come, first serve). The hope is for all clubs throughout the Southwest Zone that want to participate will be able to participate in the event. “B” Teams will be permitted to play in the tournament if space is available. Please register your “B” teams and Joe Linehan will follow up with you closer to the registration deadline. Below is all the information on the tournament.
Texas Age Group State Water Polo Championship (TAGS Water Polo Champs):
- Dates: April 24-25, 2021. Games will begin on Saturday morning, run all day on Saturday/Sunday morning, and then end around 4:00 pm on Sunday afternoon.
- Location: Pearland ISD Natatorium, 4141 Bailey Rd, Pearland, TX 77584. Two all deep courses running simultaneously.
- Divisions: 8th Grade & Younger Boys/Mixed, 8th Grade & Younger Girls, 6th Grade & Younger Mixed, and 4th Grade & Younger Mixed
- Roster Deadline: Monday, April 19, 2021 at 11 pm (CT)
- Schedule: An online schedule will be sent to everyone on Monday, April 19th
- Physical Distancing: This event will have physical distancing guidelines/procedures which will be sent out along with the schedule in mid April.
- Spectators/Streaming: We are working toward spectators being allowed into the facility for the event. If no spectators, clubs/teams will be allowed to provide a videographer for live streaming while providing their own equipment, platform, and wifi.
- Not Enough Players: If your club has athletes that would like to play in a specific division, but you do not have enough players for your own team, please email email@example.com and I will attempt to help facilitate partnering up clubs as needed. Of course, please feel free to reach out to other clubs on your own as well.