The 6-8 Game Desk is now available to all Texas water polo high school and club coaches via the iTunes app store (no cost to use/download…search “6-8 Game Desk”in the app store to download on your tablet). Texas coaches will be some of the first coaches using the Game Desk for their games/tournaments. Please provide feedback on the new app to Sara Azevedo at firstname.lastname@example.org. The 6-8 Game Desk is a multi athlete iPad scoring app for coaches/tournament directors (can replace the pen and paper scoresheet). 6-8 Sports has created this very simple and easy-to-use platform for games and tournaments, finally bringing water polo out of the data dark ages. Use the 6-8 Game Desk to:
- Score all of your games and track individual athlete and collective game performance
- Create and store a historical record or “footprint” for your athletes and your team over time
- Track important stats such as # games per year, production throughout a season and average performance per quarter
Your athletes and parents will be able to:
- View live stats during a game on their mobile app profiles (see info for athletes/parents below)
- Access and collect individual game stats over time to understand playing trends and areas for improvement
Goal: To have at least one Texas water polo player on the LA2028 team. By using 6-8 technology, we will be able to understand exactly what this athlete/s did to get where they are. Having interesting and comprehensive data over time will help water polo capitalize on media opportunities and elevate the sport’s overall global profile.
Below is information you can send to your athletes/parents so they can access the power of the Game Desk through the 6-8 Sports app. Athletes will be able to mark themselves as “official”. Then, when coaches are making rosters on the Game Desk, they will be able to search for any athlete that has an official mobile app profile and add them to the roster. Those athletes will get all of their individual game results and stats automatically exported to their mobile app profiles. For any questions regarding the 6-8 Game Desk, reach out to Sara Azevedo at email@example.com.
6-8 Mobile App (for athletes/ parents)
- access your results from the 6-8 Challenge skill assessment (water polo’s first combine)
- view your 6-8 Challenge local/ global rankings and get access to the Top 5 athlete rankings around the world
- have all of your game results automatically exported to your profile when you are scored by the 6-8 Game Desk. Athletes will be able to mark themselves as “official”. Then, when coaches are making rosters on the Game Desk, they will be able to search for any athlete that has an official mobile app profile and add them to the roster. Those athletes will get all of their individual game results and stats automatically exported to their mobile app profiles
- watch and follow a complete Training Library with hundreds of videos filmed and narrated by Tony, Maggie and guest star coaches
Accessing your 6-8 Challenge results and rankings is currently free. Export of game results and access to the Video Training Library of Tony Azevedo & Maggie Steffens require a subscription to our $1.99/ mo plan.
Your 6-8 Challenge results clearly show you your strengths and weaknesses and what you need to work on. Your 6-8 Challenge rankings give you a perspective of how your skills compare other athletes in your age range from around the globe.
Having access to your game results and personal stats allows you to understand your game performance and find room for improvement.
Together, tracking your 6-8 Challenge and game results over time creates a unique snapshot of who you are as an athlete.
In a team sport where athletes often lack the ability to showcase their individual skills, the 6-8 App empowers athletes through a system based on objective data, standardized testing and innovative technology.
The 6-8 app is currently only available for iPhones but will be ready for Android devices soon.
To download, please visit the iTunes (Apple) Store and search for “6-8 Sports”. Once you have the app on your phone you should:
- create a User Account Profile (this is usually a parent or person who will be managing the account
- create one or multiple Athlete Profiles within that User Account (for each athlete in the family)
Each athlete can find his/her 6-8 ID number within their Athlete Profile. This number will be required for exporting 6-8 Challenge and game results so please have it handy!
For any questions regarding the app, reach out to Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org.