All coaches and club admins should have received the email from USA Water Polo regarding the updated plans for the USA Water Polo National Junior Olympics. The email outlines the reasons for this change and included the attached NJO Preliminary Allocations. The ultimate goal is for all teams that would like to participate in NJO’s this summer have the opportunity to play. This is a wonderful opportunity for all Texas clubs to enter all of their athletes/teams into a national event in our zone. Session #3 of NJO’s will be treated the same as Session #1 and Session #2. Final zone allocations will be announced after June 1st. There will be a NJO Expo in North Texas. All-American selections will be made for each session. The facilities we have secured will be allowing spectators to watch games (pools located throughout North Texas). Athletes may play in multiple divisions, but can only play for a single club. All updated info for Session #3 will be located at USAWP National Junior Olympics website. Again, this will be a great event for all SWZ clubs, teams, coaches, and athletes.
All SWZ teams must enter the SWZ NJO Quals AND NJO’s by Thursday, May 27th in order to play at the USAWP National Junior Olympics Session #3, July 29-August 1 in North Texas. All athletes must still be gold members of USAWP, have their age verifications complete, and be affiliated with the club they intend to compete at SWZ NJO Quals and NJO’s. The SWZ NJO Quals will be in Northwest Houston locally hosted by the CFWPC. The primary location is the CFISD Natatorium with secondary locations at Cy Ranch HS and Bridgeland HS. If only 1-2 teams enter a specific division, this division/teams will not play at the SWZ NJO Quals (and their Quals entry fee will be refunded). Below is all the basic info for the upcoming SWZ NJO Quals and the SWZ NJO Quals/NJO’s Registration Process..
SWZ NJO Quals – 2021:
- Dates: June 11-13, 2021. Games will begin on Friday morning, run all day on Friday/Saturday/Sunday morning, and then end around 4:00 PM on Sunday afternoon
- Primary Location: CFISD Natatorium, 12550 Windfern Rd, Houston, TX 77064. Two all deep courses running simultaneously.
- Secondary Locations: Cy Ranch HS and Bridgeland HS. These are single course facilities reserved in case we need to have overflow games on Saturday/Sunday.
- Divisions: 18UG, 18UB, 16UG, 16UB, 14UG, 14UB, 12UG, 12UB, 12UM, 10UM
- Entry Fee: $600 per team. Payments will be collected when completing the online registration. Clubs will still need to register for NJO’s to complete their teams registrations.
- Registration Deadline: Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 11 pm (CT)
- Online Team Registration: SWZ NJO Quals (Click Here)
- Roster Deadline: Monday, June 7, 2021 at 11 pm (CT)
- *Roster Lockdown Deadline: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 11 pm (CT). *NOTE: Any roster changes made between June 7th and June 9th will incur a $100 late roster fee. No roster changes will be made after June 9th, no exceptions.
- Athlete Requirements Deadline: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 11 pm (CT), Roster Lockdown Deadline. Club Affiliation, Birthdate Verification, & Gold Membership.
- Ineligible Athletes/Coaches: Any ineligible athletes or coaches will be removed from the roster on June 9th at 11:01 PM (CT), Roster Lockdown Deadline.
- Schedule: An online schedule will be sent to everyone in early June (7-10 days prior to the event)
- Spectators: Spectators will be allowed into the facilities for the games. There will be an admission charge at all locations.
- Streaming: Clubs/teams will be allowed to provide a videographer for live streaming while providing their own equipment, platform, and wifi.
- Tournament Hotel: To Be Determined (coming soon)
JO Qual/JO Registration Process: All teams must register for the JO qualifier event AND the National Junior Olympics event to be eligible to participate. A minimum 50% deposit is required for Junior Olympics upon registration. JO Qual & JO registrations WILL NOT be active until payment for both JO Quals (if applicable) and Junior Olympics have been processed. The National Junior Olympics and Junior Olympics Qualifier registration allows you to register ALL teams prior to making a single payment. All teams must register for the JO Qualifier event and the National Junior Olympics – even if your zone does not typically require a qualifier.
- Step 1: Login to Club Admin Account HERE
- Step 2: Under Club Administration on the left side, expand My Club, and select “Register for JO Qual/JOs”
- Step 3: Choose Qualifier Event for your Zone, and select “Register Now!”
- Step 4: Select Division Desired
- Step 5: Select Team Name & Press Continue
- Step 6: Select Register to register your team in JO Qual Note: If fee is listed, please note payment is not required during this step.
- Step 7: Select OK and system will AUTOMATICALLY direct you to Junior Olympic Registration. You MUST register for JOs immediately following your Qualifier Registration.
- Step 8: Select the same Team name as entered in the Qualifier & Press Continue
- Step 9: Select “Pay for this registration” to register and pay for one team. Select “Submit and Pay Later” to go through the process again Note: The “Register Another Team” will take you back to the SAME qualifier; if you need a different qualifier, select “Register for JO Qual/JOs” under Club Administration-My Club on the left side menu.
- Step 10: When complete with all registrations-Select “Finish & Pay”. Select “Pay for Registrations” to take you to all Unpaid Registrations. Note: If coming back to pay later, under Club Administration on the left side, expand My Club, and select “Pay Unpaid Registrations”.